Ryan White Part A Funding Opportunity
Suburban Virginia Ryan White Part A Micro-Request for Applications for Emergency Financial Aid Services to Persons with HIV/AIDS
Approximately $200,000 in previously unawarded 2018-19 Ryan White Part A funds for Emergency Financial Assistance to persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) will be distributed to successful applicants via this competitive Micro-RFA process. This includes new subcategories not previously available in Suburban Virginia.
Applications are sought from non-profit and public entities with a track record of providing (1) emergency financial assistance to low-income people, (2) helping services to PLWHA, or (3) both.
Funding for these services is provided by the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration to the regional recipient, DC (Dept. of) Health HAHSTA, which subcontracts a portion of the Metro Washington award to NVRC for purchase of certain Part A services.
Emergency Financial Assistance services described in the Micro-RFA are designed to serve low-income, uninsured or underinsured PLWHA living in a 17 city/county area in Virginia, adjacent to Washington, DC. These services are focused on PLWHA with no other sources of assistance to meet emergency needs.
Application components a re minimal. The submission deadline is Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. at NVRC offices in Fairfax.
Micro-RFA Components to Download:
- Suburban Virginia Micro-RFA (PDF)
- Proposed EFA Subservices to be Provided (Word)
- Proposed Geographic Coverage of EFA Subservices (Word)
- Budget Template (Excel)
- Scope of Services (Word)
- Project Work Plan (Word)
Written Narratives Required:
- A short explanation of whether the applicant has Medical/Non-Medical HIV Case Managers on staff or will collaborate with other entity(ies) whose Medical/Non-Medical HIV Case Managers will refer potential clients in need to the applicant for EFA.
- A short description (not to exceed one page) of the applicant entity's capability to manage the project and recent relevant experience, where applicable.
- Applicant's relevant written policies and procedures.
- Copies of existing memoranda of understanding (MOAs) with other emergency financial assistance organizations or Ryan White HIV/AIDS Programs (RWHAPs).
Micro-RFA Questions and Answers:
- Questions and answers about application requirements (posted June 12, 2018)
Questions were accepted through June 11, 2018.