Job Title: Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Coordinator
Date Posted: March 21, 2018
Closing Date/Time: April 4, 2018
Job Type: Part -Time (200-300hrs) 8-12 hours per week until Sept 20, 2018, some evenings and weekends
Salary: $15 -$20 per hour: subject to qualifications
Employer: Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC), 3040 Williams Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA
Description: As a result of Federal Safety Highway funding, a grant has been made available, through the Department of Motor Vehicles, to fund a Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Coordinator. This position will prepare social media postings, work on website, and provide support to planning staff at in office and at community events. We’re looking for an individual with passion for biking and walking safety, who enjoys volunteer events in their community. Must have great organizational, communication, planning, and interpersonal skills with all types and ages of people. Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience with social media, necessary for the job. Candidate must be able to work independently. Duties include the following:
· Prepare social media postings on pedestrian and bike safety and obtain approvals before posting; Schedule postings 2-3 times per week for extent of project; www.sharevaroads.org
· Work on website updates with the help of a consultant;
· Support NVRC staff and partners at the instructor training event in April;
· Help track instructor attendance at events and assist instructors in meeting their community service requirements as outlined in the grant;
· Track community events that might need instructors and work with instructors to find events to work;
· Provide outreach and engagement with the public at community events.
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to: High school diploma or a G.E.D. issued by a state department of education, and two years of college; PLUS one year of experience in social media and a course or six months’ experience in local government. Must be able to drive to or access locations in Northern Virginia that may not be accessible by public transportation.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with MS Office; Infographics; visualization tools like Adobe, CANVA or Tableau; and ESRI Mapping.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements via mail or e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER