The Northern Virginia Regional Commission has been working with our not-for-profit partner, the Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP), to help implement weatherization projects that residents may be eligible to participate in through a Dominion Energy program.
To date, our partners at LEAP have completed 19 multi-family weatherization projects in Northern Virginia positively impacting 1,428+ families. Projects have been located in Alexandria, Annandale, Purcellville, Dumfries, Arlington, Herndon and Reston.
The weatherization program is funded through Dominion Energy and participation is based upon the age and income of the resident. Details as to age and income requirements can be found at the following link: http://leap-va.org/services/weatherization/
Residents must be Dominion Energy customers.
This program is FREE to eligible families. Single family homes, multi-family homes (apartments or condos) and mobile homes all qualify.
These programs provide money-saving services at no cost to qualified owners and renters, or landlords and property managers whose residents qualify. To help save on energy costs, qualifying residents will receive a free energy assessment and free energy-savings measures that may include:
- ENERGY STAR qualified LED light bulbs
- Efficient, low-flow showerheads
- Efficient, low-flow faucet aerators
- Pipe wrap insulation for hot water pipes
- Attic insulation and air sealing
What to expect.
- A no cost in-home energy assessment performed by one of LEAP's expert building analysts (1-2 hours)
- A custom report recommending energy saving products
- Installation of selected improvement that the home qualifies for at no cost (1-2 days)
- A post installation visit from LEAP to ensure that the improvements were installed to their high standards and to test the efficacy of the improvements (1 hour)
For more information about weatherization, call LEAP at 434-227-4666.