Since 2016 our partners at the Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP) and Community Housing Partners have helped 7,256 families reduce their energy bills (gas and electric) and save water through energy efficiency programs sponsored by our local utility companies, e.g., Dominion Energy or Washington Gas.
These programs have a significant impact on not only saving energy and water, but on the environment as well. Here are the numbers:
- kWhe Savings: 4,845,322
- Gallons of Water Saved: 10.5 million
- CO2 Offset by Efficiency: 3,776 Tons Annually
These programs provide free or reduced cost money-saving services to qualified owners and renters, or landlords and property managers whose residents qualify. Single-family homes, multi-family homes (apartments or condos), and mobile homes all qualify. To help save on energy costs, qualifying customers can receive a free energy assessment and may be eligible for free energy-saving measures including:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified LED light bulbs
- Efficient, low-flow showerheads
- Efficient, low-flow faucet aerators
- Pipe wrap insulation for hot water pipes
- Attic insulation and air sealing
Eligible applicants must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- household income is less than $79,600 in Northern Virginia or
- households with a resident 60 years of age or over: income is less than $159,200 in Northern Virginia.
Services offered through the age and income qualifying programs vary by location and situation. Follow the link below to see how LEAP can help you by finding your locality and submitting an interest form: https://energysmarthomesva.org/income-qualified-programs/