Date Posted: June 4, 2021
Closing Date/Time: June 18, 2021
Job Type: Full-time, Regular Position – 2080 hours per year
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 annualized hiring range; subject to qualifications
The NVRC is currently recruiting qualified candidates for the regular, full-time position of Resiliency Planner. This position reports to the Director, Division of Environmental and Resiliency Planning. The selected candidate will participant in a wide-variety of watershed, resiliency, and sustainability studies; developing strategies for member local governments to meet water resources goals through resilience design guidelines; provide support and develop relationships with member governments seeking assistance with flood or hazard mitigation programs; providing research and input to execute work related to infrastructure resiliency, to climate change and extreme weather risks; and conducts sustainability and resiliency outreach for the community.
This position will also provide expertise in designing research projects (e.g. population studies relevant to workforce, housing, education/training, and the region’s economy); identify, extract, and analyze data on a wide variety of subjects using GIS as an analytical and data display tool; and design data graphics for effective presentation of complex information to diverse audiences with an interest in public policy. It will serve as the Commission’s GIS subject matter expert providing critical agency-wide support to other employees/divisions and grant-funded programs.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree environmental science, public policy, planning, meteorology, earth science (with a focus on physical climate science), or geography; PLUS two years’ professional experience relevant to climate adaptation.
- A master’s degree in a field relevant to climate adaptation and mitigation.
- Three or more years of relevant professional experience in coordinating sustainability or resiliency projects and activities and knowledge of techniques supporting improvements on sustainable operations.
- Experience using ERSI Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in daily work assignments.
- Vacation, sick leave, and holidays with pay
- Health insurance (employer pays 80% of premium)
- Fully paid life insurance & long-term disability insurance policies
- Retirement program
- Workers compensation coverage
- Opportunity to enroll in medical & dependent care reimbursement plans and dental insurance plan
- Opportunity to participate in deferred compensation plan
- Free parking; free electric vehicle charging; on bus route
Applicants may be required to submit a request for a criminal history record check and/or credit check.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements via mail or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER