Housing Grant Request for Applications
Amount available for Award: Approximately $2.5 million is available to private developers and NVRC member local governments for the development of new affordable housing units in Northern Virginia.
Allowable Uses & Priority Populations: Housing may be homeownership or rental units serving homebuyers or tenants with incomes at or below 80% Adjusted Median Income. Rental units underwritten by this funding must be habitable by 6/30/2024; homebuyer units must be closed and ready for move-in by the same date.
Funding goals include:
- Geographic distribution of funds around the Northern Virginia region;
- Serving deeper levels of affordability;
- Prioritizing marginalized communities as tenants and first-time homebuyers; and
- Increasing housing choice among participating renters and homebuyers.
Request for Applications:
The RFA, and NVRC Attachments, can be found at here.
- The Intent to Apply deadline is November 17, 2021.
- Questions about RFA requirements will be entertained until December 1, 2021
- Applications are due at NVRC no later than 4:30PM on December 17, 2021.
Updates will be posted to this website as the procurement process progresses.
Anticipated dates for Notification of Awards:
Awards are anticipated to be finalized and successful Applicants notified in January 2022.