The Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC) is requesting proposals from qualified Certified Public Accounting (CPA) firms to audit its FY2022 (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022) financial statements, and to provide other services as explained in Section II of the RFP. The selected firm shall be engaged by a one-year agreement with the option to extend the agreement annually for up to four additional years.
The audit is to be performed in accordance with:
- Auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America;
- Audit standards promulgated in the U.S. Government Accountability Office’s Government Auditing Standards, also known as Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS);
- Provisions of the Single Audit Act of 1984 and the Single Audit Act Amendment of 1996;
- The Specifications for Audits of Authorities, Boards, and Commissions issued by the Auditor of Public Accounts of the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Requirements of 2 CFR Part 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
The following is a list of anticipated key dates for this solicitation:
Request for proposal issued: April 29, 2022
Questions deadline: May 13, 2022, at 5:00 PM
Due date for proposals: May 27, 2022, at 5:00 PM
Selection of finalist: June 23, 2022
Expected contract date: July 1, 2022
Proposals are to be delivered electronically to: email@example.com.
Questions should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
NVRC is a public body, created in 1969, whose programs and policies are established by a 24-member Board of Commissioners composed entirely of elected council and board members appointed by the governing bodies of thirteen member localities. NVRC’s work covers a wide range of issues of concern to the member governments and the region.
NVRC reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, cancel this solicitation, and to waive any informalities or irregularities in procedure. NVRC does not discriminate against faith-based organizations, or against any other Offeror because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The RFP document can be downloaded here.
Questions and Answers
The answers to the submitted questions can be found here.